Terms and Conditions
This Agreement is a legal document which sets out your rights and obligations and also those of 656 Squadron Association
By accessing this site and registering with the 656 Squadron Association Website, you agree to the terms of this Agreement, and you re-affirm the agreement every time you use it. Visitors to the 656 squadron Association Website who do not register, similarly agree that they are bound by this Agreement each time they access the 656 Squadron Association Website. You should be aware that this Agreement may change from time to time.
2. Becoming a member of our website
People who register for the members-only area of the 656 Squadron Association Website must first be members of 656 Squadron Association. Registration to the members-only area is carried out on the website, and subject to verification by the Committee.
There are no membership fees relevant to this website aside from Association Members’ annual subscriptions.
You undertake to register for the 656 Squadron Association Website using accurate and current information about yourself – including your correct name, email address and any other requested details. You also undertake only to provide correct information about your service history. You also undertake to keep your email address and other details on the site updated to the correct information should any of your information change at any time. You can do this by editing your information on the ‘My Account’ pages of the login area of the website or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. 656 Squadron Association website login area
You, as a Member, or Registered user of the website who visits the 656 Squadron Association Website, acknowledge that we are not and cannot be responsible for the behaviour of member, or Registered user of the website – whether on the 656 Squadron Association Website or outside of it. We only provide a venue where the 656 Squadron Association Website may be accessed. In particular, you should be aware that 656 Squadron Association does pre-screen and monitor the material contributed by Members or Registered user of the website, however we do moderate material and will delete material that is in breach of the Terms and Conditions of use.
7. Operation of the 656 Squadron Association Website
The 656 Squadron Association reserves the right to withdraw or modify one or more aspects of the 656 Squadron Association Website where we have legal or technical reasons to do so (including technical difficulties experienced by 656 Squadron Association or on the Internet) or for any other reason. This includes any Forum where we may modify or remove posts made where we have a legal, technical or moral reason to do so or for any other reason as we see fit.
There may also be times when the 656 Squadron Association Website becomes unavailable, whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis. For security or other reasons, we may require you to change password or other information which facilitates access to the 656 Squadron Association Website.
8. Misuse of the 656 Squadron Association Website
We reserve the right (a) to suspend or terminate any Member or Registered user’s access to the 656 Squadron Association Website, or parts of it, and/or (b) to edit, or require the Member or Registered user to edit, material posted on the 656 Squadron Association Website, if the relevant Member or Registered user or material appears to us to be in breach of any provision of this Agreement. Any person whose access has been suspended or terminated must not re-register for, or re-access, the 656 Squadron Association Website without our prior consent.
You are responsible for everything which is done on or through the 656 Squadron Association Website while your account is logged on to the 656 Squadron Association Website, or through your email address(es).
Members or Registered users must not:
• include an email address, postal address, phone number, the address of any website, or any other information which is intended to facilitate direct communication, on any website function until approval has been sought
• place material on, or otherwise use, the 656 Squadron Association Website for any business or commercial purpose; or
• use your access to the 656 Squadron Association Website, or information gathered from it, for the sending of unsolicited bulk email (sometimes known as spam).
You are responsible for ensuring that no material you post, or which is posted through a machine on which you access the 656 Squadron Association Website, nor any activity or communication you make in connection with any 656 Squadron Association Website, will be capable of (a) infringing the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, (b) breaching any applicable law, whether criminal, tortious or otherwise, or (c) appearing to be offensive, defamatory, libellious, threatening, obscene, racist, pornographic, false, unreliable or misleading.
11. Alerting Us
If you see anything on the 656 Squadron Association Website which appears to infringe this Agreement, then please contact us to inform us of it. We do not generally monitor material contributed by Members or Registered users before it is placed on the 656 Squadron Association Website and so we are reliant upon users to point out any which infringes this Agreement.
In addition if you see anything on the 656 Squadron Association website or any associated sites that you believe to be incorrect either posted by a Member or Registered user or written by us, we will endeavour to correct once we are informed of its presence.
12. Withdrawal of Material and Termination of Membership
Each Member or Registered user acknowledges that we are entitled to withdraw any material on the 656 Squadron Association Website which appears whether based on information received from Members or Registered users or others, or our own determination to be capable of breaching any part of this Agreement, or to bring the 656 Squadron Association Website into disrepute.
However, each user acknowledges that we do monitor material which appears on the 656 Squadron Association Website, we are also reliant upon you and all users to notify us of anything you see on the site which may breach this Agreement, using the notification techniques which are made available on the 656 Squadron Association Website.
13. Disclaimer and Release
The 656 Squadron Association has no control over or responsibility for the truth or accuracy of any material available on the 656 Squadron Association Website, whether provided by Members or Registered users or others.
If any third party sites are linked to/from the 656 Squadron Association Website, this does not mean that we endorse or have any responsibility for the site in question or anything which appears on it.
• You should exercise no lesser degree of caution in appraising what you see on the 656 Squadron Association Website than you do offline.
• Even though Members or Registered users are prohibited from doing so, people may provide information, or otherwise behave, in a way that is unreliable, misleading or even illegal. Further, you should note that people may not necessarily be who they say they are.
• Your use of the 656 Squadron Association Website is entirely at your own risk. Accordingly, to the extent that the law permits, you release 656 Squadron Association from all liability arising out of or in connection with the 656 Squadron Association Website and the material included here by Members Registered users and other third parties.
14. Intellectual Property
You acknowledge that all copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the 656 Squadron Association Website (including the material which is contributed by Members or Registered users) are owned by the 656 Squadron Association. It is easy to copy material which appears on websites, but this does not mean it is legal.
Therefore, no-one may copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from the 656 Squadron Association Website, or any of the material which is found on the 656 Squadron Association Website unless properly licensed to do so by us.
By submitting any material to the content to the 656 Squadron Association Website, you:
• are representing that you are fully entitled to do so;
• grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-terminable licence right to copy, modify, distribute, show in public and create derivative works from that material in any form, anywhere; and
• authorise us to adapt the relevant material in the course of doing so, and so waive your moral rights to object to any derogatory treatment, or to be identified as the author, of the material in question.
15. Excluded Loss
We will not be liable to you or any third party for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, or for any loss of data, profit, revenue or business, howsoever caused (whether arising out of any negligence or breach of this Agreement or otherwise). The 656 Squadron Association will also not be liable for any failure to perform of its obligations under this Agreement caused by matters beyond its reasonable control.
16. Non-excluded Liabilities
Nothing in this Agreement limits 656 Squadron Association liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, or any other liability which may not by law be excluded. Any statutory rights you may have as a consumer remain unaffected.
You agree to indemnify us against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of this Agreement by you or through a machine on which you access the 656 Squadron Association Website.
We reserve the right to assign this Agreement, and to assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under this Agreement. You may not without the written consent of the 656 Squadron Association assign or dispose of this Agreement.
19. Entire Agreement
20. Changes to this Agreement
The 656 Squadron Association reserves the right to change this Agreement from time to time, and post the new version on the 656 Squadron Association Website. The new version of these terms and conditions will take effect, and will govern all 656 Squadron Association Websites and your relationship with the 656 Squadron Association:
• commencing four weeks after the date of posting (or such later date as 656 Squadron Association indicates in the relevant posting), if any of the changes is to an operative provision of this Agreement which is capable of adversely affecting you; if you do not wish to be governed by the new version of the Agreement, you may notify us on or before the date when the new version of the Agreement is to take effect, and from that date you must cease to use the 656 Squadron Association Website; or
• immediately upon the date of posting (or such later date as 656 Squadron Association indicates in the relevant posting), if the changes are not to operative provisions, or not capable of adversely affecting you – examples of which would include, without limitation, changes to one or more 656 Squadron Association addresses or email addresses referred to in this Agreement.
In the event that any term of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable by judicial decree or decision, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain valid and enforceable.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
You can contact us by post at the following address: email@example.com
All site material is owned by 656 Squadron Association and should not be used without prior permission.[/cs_text][/cs_column][/cs_row][/cs_section][/cs_content]